Privacy & Cookies
Purpose of this notice
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK ('Data Protection Legislation').
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Scrappykatz Craft Barn, ("we", "us", "our" and "ours") is an online craft shop selling handmade goods, needlework patterns, craft supplies and other non-related items. We operate as a sole trader.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the 'data controller'. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officer is our Data Protection Point of Contact and is responsible for assisting with enquiries in relation to this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal data. Should you wish to contacr our Data Protection Point of Contact you can do so by emailing [email protected]
How we collect your personal data
We obtain personal data about you, for example when:
- you request a proposal from us in respect of the products we provide;
- you engage us to provide products and also during the provision of those products; or
- you contact us by email, telephone, post or social media (for example when you have a query about our products).
The kind of information we hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details (such as your name, address, telephone number, information required to personalise the products we sell to you (including personal photographs));
- details of the contact we have had with you in relation to the provisions, or the proposed provision of our goods;
- details of any goods (and their personalisation) that you have received from us;
- our correspondence and communications with you;
- information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
- information from research, surveys and marketing activities;
- information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information.
How we use personal data we hold about you
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Situations in which we will use your personal data
We may use your personal data in order to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our products);
- provide you with information related to our products and our events and activities that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- seek your thoughts and opinions on the products we provide; and
- notify you about any changes to our products.
In some circumstances we may anonymise or pseudonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use it without further notice to you.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate to your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the products and services we provide;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
- Why might you share my personal data with third parties?
- We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
- Which third-party service providers process my personal data?
- "Third parties" includes third party service providers. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: IT and cloud services (including the hosting of the website), marketing services, transporting services (such as Royal Mail and courier companies).
- All of our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- What about other third parties?
- We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Transferring personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside the EEA, unless you currently reside in a country outside the EEA and only for the purposes of performing our contract with you.
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those who work for Scrappykatz Craft Barn and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction
- Your duty to inform us of changes
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current for the purposes of processing your transaction and for marketing purposes. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be aware by contacting us at [email protected]
- Your rights in connection with personal data
- Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully;
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete it or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email: [email protected]
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email: [email protected] at any time, or click the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn consent, we will no longer process your personal data for the purpose or puposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Changes to this notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website at https://scrappykatzcraftbarn.co.uk/privacyandcookies.html
This privacy notice was last updated on 23 May 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data, please email: [email protected]
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time.
The ICO's contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
You can find out more information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, below:
Strictly Necessary cookies
These are cookies which are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site, when they are using it.
These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve how a website works.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website's operators (not owners) permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is served with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.